Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I Write When I'm Heavy-Hearted

Well, this is a not-so-fun-post. It's been a hard couple of days. There is a pastor/friend of our church who just this last week had to resign because of an affair with his Admin. Assist. He leaves a wife and 2 children shipwrecked.

Then today I opened a message on Facebook to find out that the marriage of two dear friends of ours whom we traveled with in Life Action is ending. Why? A homosexual affair that has gone on for 11 years was found out; he is a worship pastor. He leaves a wife and 5 children shipwrecked.

Believe me, these are only two out of umpteen families that I know have fallen apart. But it's two in ONE WEEK!

If you think for one second that you are immune, shame on you.

If I think for one second that Jarrod and I are immune, shame on ME!!

Do we REALLY not believe that Satan is prowling around, devouring Christ-followers? Is anyone as sick and tired and mad as I am that we constantly fall for the lies from the Enemy?

It doesn't happen "all of a sudden". It happens when for ONE MOMENT you let your guard down and tell yourself, "It's no biggie." Then multiply those "moments" and you're toast.

Last night Jarrod and I realized that WE need to reinforce the hedges around our relationship. He's the Student Pastor at our church. I'm on the Worship Team. What areas have even a tiny crack that needs repairing? How can we 24/7 have eachothers' backs??

This man that I am married to means more to me than any other person on the face of this earth! And my three kiddos are right behind my hubby! I NEVER want to shipwreck them!

Jesus, be the center.

1 comment:

Morgen said...

good thoughts. thanks for sharing.