Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sum, sum, summer

Summer has arrived in the Flaming house! Here are a couple of things I am planning on implementing for the next three months:
  • "Dog/Chicken Duty" - this means that each kid is in charge of one of our pets for a week at a time.

  • "Chores List" - each day each kid is assigned a specific chore(s) that has to be completed (to momma's approval) before they are allowed to go off for the day.
  • "Walk My Butt Off" - I've been walking EARLY mornings with two friends who are way more athletic than I...shh, I think I'm fooling them.

Thursday morning was a hoot...

Well, Wednesday night Anna invited her friend to spend the night. Then, we are taking care of our friend's Dalmation, Glimmer, for a week. She's old and no trouble at all, but now our adopted chihuahua thinks Glimmer's GINORMOUS dog bed is her's. THEN, Thursday morning I woke up to find our youngest kid sleeping on Glimmer's dog bed with her!!

And they slept until 9am! For the next week, the kids will rotate which dog they feed/water/walk, and I will handle the chickens.

Yes, our house is CrAzInEsS, but it's teaching them responsibility, which, of course, is a most important character trait our kids need to learn.

No comments: