Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Speedy Quick

Well, I've totally slacked on blogs lately. I SHOULD be making my grocery list and heading to the store, but once again it's cold, dark and about to rain (I am SICK SICK SICK of the weather here!!!!) did I mention SICK?!?. I heard a girl on Wheel of Fortune last night say that she just moved to California from Ohio for the sunshine. We have a bond.
Anyway, the last week or two have been full with "end of the year" stuff. Jacob graduated from 5th grade. The kid is almost 5'9", taller than ALL the students in his school, and taller than many of the teachers as well. Jarrod and I couldn't have been prouder- not just because he's tall, but because he has worked so hard to catch up after moving here and has proven that he can do it!! Of course, during the looong program Caleb leans over and says, "I hate to say it, but this is pretty boring!". Spoken like a true little brother.
Let's see, I highlighted all the kids' hair this weekend. Jacob's been begging to get highlights in his hair, so being the cool mom that I am ;) I did it. Caleb's hair is just too dark to take highlights, but he thinks he can see them. They look too cute, and hey, they're happy.
Mother's Day was a Humongous treat! Jarrod and the kids did everything for me-down to the linen tablecloth, napkins, bouquet of flowers, and cards; fixing the delicious dinner and cleaning up afterward. And guess what? Since it was MY day, I didn't make myself eat the green beans (yuck)! There are perks to having your own special day.
Ok, I need to get moving. But let me just say that I believe that I have the BEST husband and kids in the whole universe!!

1 comment:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

love love love the header!!!!!