Saturday, February 28, 2009

Feeling Jilted By My 7 yr. Old

I am sitting here. I am waiting.

Caleb and I are supposed to go on a date tonight. Jarrod and the older kids are in Wichita at a concert. So I told Caleb that we would get to spend time together, just the two of us. He's my baby, so I am looking forward to his choice of restaurant:
McDonald's
However, my youngest is a Wii addict today. I even offered to take him to a movie. "No thanks", says he, as he does another flip on the Wii and defeats the Storm Troopers ONE MORE TIME.

I am feeling stood up; jilted; 2nd place. Sigh. Guess I could MAKE him go on a date, but how much fun is that? I'll give him a few more minutes, then I'll wave a McDonald's sign in front of his face. Maybe that will bring him back from the Galaxy Far, Far Away.

1 comment:

Becky said...

McD's always works for me, too! You know what they say..."a way to a man's (boy's)heart is through his stomach! LOL!