Wednesday, December 31, 2008

True Confessions of a Tired Woman


I finally got a shower after two days. I know, I know..."GROSS!", some of you are thinking. Ya see, we are going from living at my mother-in-law's home to living in our home this week. With the move, and working M-W-F at 6am, etc. I've had to take "spit baths" to get by until 30 minutes ago. Wowsa, that shower felt heavenly!

The bad thing is, Jarrod tore out the wall around the bathtub to install a shower surround...in two weeks. :{

One of the joys of an oooolllld house is that it ONLY has a tub. (Well, there IS a scary old shower in the basement where the boogyman lives, but...)


I DON'T DO BATHS!!!


If I'm sick, yeah, but sitting in dirty water to get clean?!? What a dumb idea. So anyway, the next two weeks I will surrender myself to bath-taking, without complaining (too much).

Pics of the house will follow in a couple days.

Toodles.

3 comments:

Trish said...

Old houses...been there, done that. They have their charm though. And, it's better than living with your MIL, no matter how great she is! Right?

Becky said...

It's going to be great once you guys are done with all of the remodeling. Did you guys buy or are you renting? If renting, your landlord is pretty easy going, eh?! Good for you guys!

Suzanne said...

Been there, still there. I want to build a new home that looks old some day. We have a claw foot tub with one of those suspended shower curtains encircling and the dangling shower head. There is always water on the floor. The wood floor, that I'm sure is probably secretly rotting and some day the whole thing will fall threw when I step in.