Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My, my, my!

"My thoughts are completely different from yours," says the LORD. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine." Isa 55:8 NLT

Boy, is that ever sayin' the truth?!

Well, welcome to Casa de Esperanza II. If you've been following our blog over on Casa de Esperanza, then you know a bit of what has been going on with our family the past while, especially these past several months. This is a fresh continuation of chronicling that journey.

First, I want to thank you all for your prayers and your encouragement. Psalms 6:9 says, "The LORD has heard my plea; the LORD will answer my prayer."

Another near and dear passage of Scripture is Matthew 7:7-11, "Keep on asking, and you will be given what you ask for. Keep on looking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And the door is opened to everyone who knocks.

Ok, so here's the answer for us and you're gonna love how God worked this out! We're moving to Kansas!! Yep, that's right! We're counting down the days until we load everything back on that moving truck and heading it over to Newton, Kansas - my (Jarrod) home town.

Every round of the whirlwind we've been on the past 3-4 days has been so directed by God it is still amazing us. It started with a comment, a certainly sincere comment, from a dear friend of ours who said that if she could she would come down here, pack us up, load it on a truck and move us back home to make it better, then she would. Well, she and her family are doing exactly that the last two days of October.

It's a new step, a fresh start in a place I never dreamed of returning. But, God is bigger than my dreams and he has so orchestrated each move thus far and the overwhelming peace He's provided with it is so refreshing! I don't know if you remember or ever saw the verse we had posted for a while on our other blog, but it was Jeremiah 29:11, which says, "For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." And I just love verse 12 "In those days when you pray, I will listen."

He certainly has listened. To all of you and to us.
Thank you. From the bottom of our hearts. Thank you so much for your prayer and encouragement. Please ~ don't stop now!!
Like SCC says in The Great Adventure -
Saddle up your horses we've got a trail to blaze
Through the wild blue yonder of God's amazing grace
Let's follow our leader into the glorious unknown
This is a life like no other - this is The Great Adventure
Stayed tuned right here as we ride into the next phase of our adventure.

6 comments:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

DOes this plan include a house and a job? just curious! *smile*

Bekah said...

Wow! God is amazing huh? We will keep praying and reading to see what God has in store for your family! Miss you guys!

Becky said...

I am so excited to see what The Lord has planned for you guys! Love ya!

Mom Keena said...

"We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto"...oh, wait. I guess you will be! Will be praying for all that involves, especially the kiddos!

Morgen said...

what a great feeling! that's awesome! woohoo kansas! : ) I'm so excited for you all! God is so good!

RoverHaus said...

Wow! Ok, so you owe us just a wee bit more details.

It's not fair to tease us with just a hint. Please tell all!!!

What will you guys be doing?

So happy for you and the Lord's provision.