Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I know, I know...details. More details.

So, you want more details? Sorry.

No, just kidding. I'll give you what we have, ok?

We have just not been making it out here in the desert...financially. We have given a good, hard, 3-year try and are falling farther and farther behind. Some of you may recall that in November of 2005 we set out on a trek and we called it The Hope Plan. Our verse was, and is, Jeremiah 29:11, which says, " 'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the LORD. 'They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.' " We still cling to this verse and know it's true. I love the following few verses as well. " 'In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. I will be found by you,' says the LORD. 'I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and bring you home again to your own land.' "

So, why are we moving away from where our dreams and plans led us? Roadblocks. When it becomes painfully obvious that things are not working, you try something else. We've tried finding cheaper housing. I've applied and even interviewed for better paying jobs, asked for a raise and other ideas, but nothing. Now, just to show you that God has a hilarious sense of humor, just 4 days after we decided to move - I was notified that I had been chosen for and was going to be offered a job in Albuquerque (no more commute to Santa Fe) that was $2.00 more per hour! Too late! :)

The plan at the moment is to move in with my mom for a few weeks until we find a place of our own. I do not have a job lined up definitely, but there are some strong leads. Please pray for us that those leads turn into a job(s).

So, it may sound like we've given up on those dreams and hopes. That is certainly not the case. Our time in New Mexico has been rich with experiences and some really fun times. We've been able to spend some good time with Melissa's family and we are soooo grateful for that! These are the things that certainly makes this decision bittersweet. We will miss them. We will miss the mountains and the dry air and sunshine 90% of the time.

But, we really do see this as a positive thing that God is not going to allow our hopes and dreams to die, but is rather just changing the direction of the outcome of those ideas. And it's ok, because those dreams come from Him anyway.

I had a word picture come to my mind the other day and I hope it helps you understand it like it helped me. Imagine you're going hiking up a pretty nice mountainside. After being gone for an hour or so, you see the top and you say to yourself, ok, I can make it. But, when you get there, as you come to the top of that crest, you realize that's all it is - a crest. You still have quite a ways to go. At first, you feel defeated; like you know you just can't do anymore. But, then you realize that's what you're out there for. To experience the outdoors, the beauty of creation and to get some exercise. And so you look up again, this time with a different perspective that this is going to be good. That is how we are moving to Kansas. That Albuquerque is just a "crest" in our "hike" that we've made it to, and there is more good to come.

Please join us in seeing what is yet to come as we continue toward the next "crest" in life's hike.

No comments: