Thursday, September 24, 2009

Homemade Deliciousness...Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars


I must say that this is not MY recipe, but rather from my Mom's bestest friend ever, Julia Sommers. I must give credit where credit is due. She gave it to me at my bridal shower, so many years ago, and everyone goes nuts over it.

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars

1/2 c. shortening
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. creamy peanut butter
1 egg
1/4 c. milk
1 c. flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 c. oatmeal

Chocolate Frosting:
2 c. powdered sugar
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa
3-5 T. boiling water
1/2 t. vanilla

Mix first 7 ingredients, then add dry ingredients. Spread in pan.
Bake at 350° for 20 min. Cool.

Beat frosting ingredients together and spread over bars. Cut when cooled.
Yield: 12 servings
Oh my gosh, does it get any easier than this?!?

3 comments:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

too bad I just started back on WW this week! I am not even gonna print this one! looks wonderful though! I just know I would not be able to resist em!!!

Becky said...

Hey M! I just printed this out. I have to try to make it myself. But then, I'm sure I had it at your house. You always had some goodness baking! Miss you!

Becky said...

Ok, so I just made these this afternoon. So far, 3 out of 4 in the fam loves them! Claire just likes the frosting, go figure! Mmm, Mmm, Mmm!!!