Wednesday, April 15, 2009

One of those days

I am so incredibly homesick today I could scream!! Here are some of the things I miss (in no particular order) :



*The Sandia mountains

*Green Chili

*The Desert

*Jefferson St. by my sister's house. It's a tree-lined drive that is so comforting.

*the Rio Grande

*Spanish

*My sister and her sweet family

*My parents coming down from Santa Fe to spend the night.

*My Grandparents and their house (also comforting)

*Old Town

*Blake's Lotaburger

*The drive down Paseo del Norte (never thought THAT was possible!)

*Going to lunch with my sis

*teaching piano

*the dry warm days and cool nights

*Green Chili Cheeseburgers

*Posole with pork and red chili

*New Mexican food in general

*The Fruit Basket (a tiny Mexican Fruit/Veg stand)

*Adobe homes

* Pretty much everything.

4 comments:

Tyler and Gillian said...

I feel your pain, sister! ALthough, all the things I'm missing are in Kansas where you are! :) Praying you'll find some comfort right where you are :)

Jarrod Flaming said...

This brought tears to my eyes. I've missed it too, but haven't actually thought through a list of what I missed. I know we are where we're supposed to be, but I definitely miss it too!

Becky said...

I feel for you and Jarrod, Melissa. Hang in there! The Lord has great plans for you! Love ya!

Becky said...

Oh, and I love the pics! I remember when I went to NM to drive back to AR with you. We went to a supermarket, and they had the green chiles roasting. The smell was unbelievable! Good memories!